Next-Generation Holden Commodore is Coming
Holden has revealed first details of the all-new, next-generation Commodore, a car which will set new benchmarks in its segment for technology, style, practicality and driving dynamics.
Headlined by the V6 flagship model, the new Commodore will honour the legendary nameplate by being the most technologically-advanced Holden ever.
With a cutting-edge all-wheel-drive system channeling 230 kilowatts and 370 Newton metres to the road, combined with adaptive suspension technology, a company-first nine-speed automatic transmission and torque-vectoring all-wheel drive, the next-generation Commodore is set to cement the iconic nameplate’s reputation for class-leading driving dynamics and on-road refinement.
Based on General Motor’s new ‘E2’ global architecture, engineered in Germany and shared with the Opel Insignia, the new Commodore has also been co-developed under the expert and watchful eye of Holden’s Australian engineers to ensure the all-new Commodore continues a four-decade tradition of setting new benchmarks.
The Next-Generation Commodore will be launched in New Zealand in 2018 and information regarding pricing, specification, full details of driver, safety and additional infotainment technology will be confirmed closer to launch.
NEXT-GENERATION COMMODORE KEY HIGHLIGHTS:
- Next-generation Commodore built in Germany on all-new, global E2 architecture shared with Opel Insignia
- Lightweight construction methods result in 200kg - 300kg weight savings compared to current Commodore
- Flagship model offers V6 AWD drivetrain with Holden-first 9-speed transmission
- V6 engine delivers 230kW / 370Nm while being incredibly efficient thanks to Stop-Start technology and Active Fuel Management
- 2.0T petrol and 2.0T diesel front-wheel drive models also available
- Liftback and Sportwagon body-styles
- Cutting-edge, adaptive all-wheel-drive system with torque vectoring and twin-clutch (‘Twinster’) rear differential system
- Adaptive suspension
- Next-generation matrix lighting system
- Infotainment includes:
- Apple Car Play and Android Auto
- 8-inch configurable LCD instrument display,
- Next-gen Head-Up display